Take Control of your trailer brakes with Cargo’s Electrastar® trailer brake controllers.
Don’t be worried about stopping your trailer. Let a Cargo trailer brake controller and communicator give you more stopping power.
- Patented system “senses” the amount of braking effort required and provides for a smooth, safe stop
- Communicator plugs into tow vehicle’s cigarette lighter, and normally needs no special wiring to control trailer mounted actuator
- Vastly superior to surge brakes… eliminates feel of being pushed by trailer and problems with backing a trailer uphill
- Ideal for rental fleets or shared trailers… need to change tow vehicles? Just move the communicator
- Improves braking on trailers hauling RV/campers, horses, cars, construction and farm equipment, and many other loads
- Meets all DOT regulations and complies with CFR-393 federal braking requirements… surge brakes are illegal in many states
|ElectraStar Electric Brake 381-7021 Actuator/Controller with Plug-in Command Unit (For electric brakes only)|
|Electronic Breakaway kit/17 amp hour battery pack|
|Cargo Plug-In Command Unit (For ElectraStar)|
* Requires HBA-EBA 304-7131 breakaway kit/battery pack
- Microprocessor/accelerometer control
- Six variable load control settings
- Plug-in Cargo Command Center remote control unit
- 12 volt DC/17 amp-hour battery – Required requires a battery and breakaway kit on trailer
- Electrical connections – requires splicing into the trailer’s left/right turn, running light, and ground wires.
- Trailer-mounted and self-contained
- Built-in 3-amp battery charger automatically charges trailer battery
- Breakaway System (included with HBA-EBA) automatically applies the trailer brakes and illuminates the trailer stoplights in the event the trailer and towing vehicle become separated. Required to comply with DOT regulations.
- Dimensions – 10.6″ long x 2.5″ wide x 4.5″ high Shipping weight: 4.4 lbs
Superior to Surge Brakes
In addition to optimizing your trailer brake system for greater control and safety, ElectraStar actuators solve many of the problems associated with traditional surge brake systems.
- Meets all DOT regulations and complies with CFR-393 federal braking requirements, as opposed to surge brakes
- Eliminates the feel of being “pushed” by the trailer (reducing the potential for jackknife)
- Eliminates problems found when backing a trailer uphill or downhill with surge brakes
- Eliminates brake drag common with surge brakes on a downhill grade